Difference between Pregnancy with Boy and Girl
Key Difference: Nobody is sure during pregnancy that whether it will be a boy or a girl. One can just assume or guess through common / uncommon myths about being pregnant with a boy or a girl; or the best way is through an ultrasound and/or chemical sampling, which are done by an authorized technician.
Becoming a mother is one of the most exciting times in a woman’s life. Almost each and every woman wants to experience this best moment. According to Wikipedia, pregnancy is “the fertilization and development of one or more offspring, known as an embryo or fetus, in a woman's uterus.” However, how will a woman come to know that she is pregnant? A pregnancy test is the easiest way to know for sure. Nevertheless, a girl may notice some delicate signs of pregnancy such as fatigue, nausea, frequent urination, and breast tenderness.
There are several signs that indicate whether the woman may be pregnant with a boy or a girl. Many women are said to have a differently shaped bump during the pregnancy depending on whether they are carrying a boy or a girl. Especially if one has been pregnant before and gets pregnant again, the bump is said to show faster or take on a different shape. However, these are all just assumptions and myths related to pregnancies that have been passed down to us by our forefathers. In addtion to these, they are various other myths associated with being pregnant with a boy or being pregnant with a girl.
Common myths on being pregnant with a boy:
- You carry your weight in your stomach and it juts out like a basketball.
- Boys kick you more.
- Your face doesn't get fuller when you're pregnant with a boy.
- You have more headaches when you're pregnant with a boy.
- When you tie your wedding ring to a string and dangle it over your stomach, it goes back and forth instead of in circles.
- If the baby’s heartbeat is less than 150, it means a boy.
Common myths on being pregnant with a girl:
- If your hands are soft during the pregnancy, then expect a girl.
- You’re craving citrus while pregnant, you’re having a girl.
- You feel as though you’re gliding through the day, you’ll have a girl.
- You’re experiencing mood swings; expect a baby girl to arrive soon.
- The baby’s heart beats more than 150 times per minute; you’re pregnant with a girl.
- Your face gets fuller; it means you’re having a girl.
No sort of body shape, tummy curve, or ring hanging can tell the gender of the little life. Babies are actually carried differently based on their position, gestational age and weight, weight and muscle fitness of the mother and experience in childbirth. Only ultrasound and chemical sampling, which are done by a certified technician can effectively tell the gender of the baby.
Image Courtesy: healthytimesblog.com, thebookwormwife.com
Add new comment